Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Don't get discouraged



Good morning my friends. Gosh, I'm in the midst of ANOTHER incredibly busy week. Even though I get up before 4 am each day, some days it seems like there still isn't enough hours in the day to do all the things that need to be done. The semester began this week so the college is buzzing with students and my docket has been beyond full with appointments, each with their own crisis or issues. Lots of stress on both sides of my desk this week!   It will all level out next week, but in the meantime, please be patient with me as my postings will be minimal this week because of overtime hours. I’ve also started my two classes this week, so it will take a bit of adjustment to get a schedule down to manage all these responsibilities.

 

BY now, many of you are into the 2nd week of your journey. Congratulations on making it this far. The beginning is always the hardest.  I want to caution you that this week could test your resolve. It's not unusual to lose a large amount of weight in the first week....sometimes even 5-7 pounds....but that is mostly water weight. This initial loss can be thrilling and give us the burst of motivation to keep with it; but it’s unrealistic to expect to lose that much each week. One or two pounds a week is a good pace, but sometimes it might even be less than that. Those of you that have a large amount to lose (say 100 pounds or more) might lose at a much faster pace. I was losing about 4 pounds a week in the beginning.  But…that eventually levels off and as I continued to lose, the pace slowed down significantly.  Don’t get discouraged….don’t lose hope if you go to your weigh-in and find that you’ve stayed the same or lost just a little bit.  Even 1 pound a week is 50 pounds a year and that is one less pound that you have to lose. PROGRESS Is PROGRESS regardless of how slow!


Make it a good day today. Remember, you can’t control the weather; you can’t control the people around you or your co-workers; you can’t control the things that will happen to you this day, but you can control how you react to them and the choice is yours whether today will be a good day or not! I hope you choose to make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment