Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rise and shine....commit to be grateful this day

Rise and Shine!  It's a brand new day. I woke up and started the coffee this morning....BEFORE I realized that it was 1:30 a.m. instead of 3:30 a.m.! But, I had already poured myself a cup of coffee so I just stayed up and started to work on homework and some other things I have on my list of "to do things."  The first thing on the list: BE GRATEFUL.  Today, I am going to make a conscious effort to be grateful for all things..... including the fact that I was up and moving two hours before my usual time. I'm grateful for the two extra hours of time, especially since I will lose an hour next Sunday for daylight savings time.  I'm grateful for the sound of the furnace running to warm my house in this sub-zero temperatures. I'm grateful for the new coffeepot that I purchased on Black Friday but just got around to setting up yesterday. I'm grateful for the 56 new members that joined my facebook group yesterday and for the opportunity to share in their journey. I'm grateful for the dripping of the kitchen faucet, the companionship of these cats that are bugging me to know end this morning trying to get my attention, for the medication that will kick in soon to soothe my aching RA joints, for the opportunity for another day to become a better person.......for.......the list will be endless today.

I encourage you today.....Look for things to be grateful for.....they are all around you....and I guarantee....your gratitude will lead to joy.  Make it a good day today, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment