Monday, March 3, 2014

Do what you need to do....

Good Morning......Same old story here in Michigan.... It's negative 22 degrees.....BRR.....I am SO OVER this winter.....but complaining about it won't make a bit of difference; it will just rob me of the limited amount of energy I have today.  It's the same for rationalization and excuse-making. It is just a waste of precious time.
 
I'm really weary this morning. I had a busy weekend, got limited sleep, and am facing a very busy week at work as well as dealing with big mid-term assignments and tests this week for my college classes. So, it's really no wonder I'm dragging and not feeling spectacular. BUT.....I have to do what I have to do...whether I WANT to or FEEL LIKE IT.   Doing what you have to do, eating what you need to eat, making yourself get up, get moving, exercise, eat right, take care of business......are all secrets to success.  Honestly, who really likes to exercise????? Who really would rather eat yogurt or eggs or oatmeal (or whatever you eat) EVERY DAY instead of pancakes, French toast, or donuts?  Who really just can't wait to get out of bed at 3:30 a.m. each day when it is 22 degrees below zero to get stuff done before work?   You get the drift.  I'm guessing that each of us could make quite a list of things we'd rather do today (likely does not include work, laundry, sick kids, doctor appointments.....etc.) but we are not going to do them UNTIL we get done what we need to do.  Same thing with our eating.  I could make a list of things that I'd rather eat today, but it would be pointless because  I'm not going to go off plan.  I could come up with a dozen reasons why I shouldn't go to work today.....but none of them are very good ones.
 
 Reality is that EVERY DAY we have challenges to overcome; we have temptations to resist; we have choices to make.......things we have to do if we want results, if we want success, if we want to get a pay-check, be healthy, reach goals.  So....we have to dig deep; we have to find our motivation; we have to remember that nothing comes easy; and we have to nourish our bodies with the foods that give us energy (note the clip....not sure if it really works but I've had yogurt and eggs this morning so we'll see); and we have to ask our higher power to strengthen and sustain us and give us what we need to fight the fight.  I can't do it alone, but GOD can do it in and through me.
 
SUCCESS..... It's a daily choice..... I know what I'm going to do, whether I feel like it or not. I’m going to get up out of this lazy-boy, start up my car and let it warm up, and I’m going to go to work and get things done.   What are you going to do???????

No comments:

Post a Comment