Thursday, March 6, 2014

Believe in your potential

I honestly don't know any perfect people, do you?  The truth is that each of us  is a work in progress, continually seeking ways to become  a healthier, happier, kinder and more loving person . Today I am feeling a bit under the weather. I think I'm fighting a cold and dealing with some RA pain and numbness;  I'm tired from the week of intense school work to finish exams and papers for midterms (done, yah me!), bloated (actually up 8 pounds in 5 days....what's up with that????), and I have a rheumatologist appointment after work tonight. BUT....in spite of how I'm feeling....in spite of the churning in my stomach this morning.....in spite of my fatigue and the bags under my eyes and the fact that my dress feels tight today.... I looked in the bathroom mirror and said to myself..."Girl, you are made in God's image....You are a work in progress....you are OK....just like you are this minute......and God is NOT by any means done with you!"

If you are feeling blue....defeated.....unfocused or unmotivated.....anxious, depressed, whatever.... I encourage you to take to heart the words of this clip.... and LOVE YOURSELF for who you are TODAY...just like you are TODAY....regardless of the refection staring back at you when you brush your teeth....and realize, that like me, YOU TOO, are a work in progress.  Believe in your potential....Believe that how you feel....how you look....how you think....and how you behave today....IS NOT the end of your story. You have the power to change....to evolve....to grow and blossom ....and to become the person God wants you to be.  Don't give in to today's feelings....keep hope alive!  Do what you need to do to make it a great day.  I'm going to give it my best....even when my best isn't my typical best.  Don't worry about being PERFECT.....worry about being your best...and better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment