Thursday, November 28, 2013

Made it through the day without any guilt!


Hi everyone. Well, I'm feeling very good about another Thanksgiving coming to an end. I made it through the day and can go to bed without any guilt because I didn't give in to the temptation to go overeat or even take one bite of anything off plan. As you can see above, I had a full plate...but everything on that plate was low calorie and/or sugar free. I ate steamed green beans, roasted vegetables, acorn squash sweetened with splenda and cinnamon, some white meat turkey and even had a baked sweet potato sweetened up with splenda and cinnamon like the squash. For dessert later tonight I ate some honeydew melon. I hope you all did as well...but even if you didn't intend to stay on plan....remember....tomorrow is a new day and it's time to get back on track. 

In spite of all the sadness of these past few weeks, the day turned out to be a blessed one. I even managed to smile!  Today, I am grateful for so much and I'm even thankful that I had a heavy heart...a sadness and felt the emptiness left by my dad's, my aunt Bev's, and my cousin's deaths....because it means that I loved deeply...and for that....I am grateful.

Hope you had a good day.  Below is a picture of my sister Kelly and I. She was so great in helping me to stay on track by making the roasted veggies and even cooking a sugar free pumpkin dessert, but I've yet to try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment