Sunday, November 9, 2014

sugar free/fat free pumpkin mousse....sounds so good!


I guess I must be getting anxious for the holidays because I'm already counting the days until I visit my sister, Kelly Aabed and her family for Thanksgiving. My sister is an incredible cook and the house will be full of delicious foods, so my thoughts have been focused on how I plan to stay on track during the holidays. The past two weekends I've been cooking various winter squash but without at the calories of the traditional holiday dishes and now my mind is stuck on pumpkin. I haven't tried the pumpkin pie recipe from yesterday but now I found this one for pumpkin mouse and it sounds tempting as well. 

I encourage you to start thinking ahead....there is NO EXCUSE for going completely overboard and undoing all your hard work just because it is a holiday. I've managed to enjoy the festivities now for 3 Thanksgivings without giving in...you can do it too....if you make a plan...and that plan includes something special that is STILL within your program.    

Does anyone else have any good tips or recipes to share with the group?


Sugar-Free & Fat-Free Pumpkin Mousse


This recipe will make 4 servings. 

1 1/2 c. cold skim milk (divided)

1 small box sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding

1/2 t. ground cinnamon

1/4 t. ground ginger

1/4 t. ground cloves

1/2 c. pumpkin puree

1 c. fat-free Cool Whip, thawed

Start by putting the dry pudding mix and the spices into a bowl. Whisk in 1/2 c. milk and the pumpkin puree.  Then whisk in the additional cup of milk.

When it’s all combined, it will start to thicken.  Refrigerate for about 5 – 10 minutes.  Fold in the Cool Whip and spoon the mousse into serving dishes. (If you want to be fancy, you can put the mousse into a large zipper seal bag and cut off the corner. Then pipe it into the serving dish!)

Your taste buds won’t believe that it’s not a rich, high-calorie dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment