Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Healthy or skinny?

I have never aspired to be “skinny,” but rather, my goal was…and is… to be able to walk and be active. Fortunately, I don’t have to be a size 6 to do that because I have can’t imagine ever wearing that size. It’s just not something I care about. Being healthy…being active…being able to walk to the mailbox and reach down to pick up my keys if I drop them…..well, that’s another story and it has nothing to do with being “SKINNY.”  However….Losing weight…was key to my mobility and improved health…so I had/have to make good choices every day.


Too many times people begin a journey with the goal of being “skinny” and go to extreme measures (crazy diets, pills, etc.) to get there….but I often wonder, at what cost to health?  As difficult as it is in society that measures beauty with a scale, I encourage you to strive each day to feel better…physically, emotionally, and spiritually….by focusing on your health and well-being….and not the number on the scale or the size of your pants. I truly believe that if you change the way you think about food and activity, and you make choices to improve your health, then your weight will decrease as a result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment