Monday, July 21, 2014

As promised...some photos from my trip

It's lunch time! I promised some of you that I would post some pictures from the weekend....so here you go. A couple of them were at Cox Arboretum in Dayton. It's been a standing tradition for 30 years now that my friend and I visit the park each time I go to Dayton. Even though it was a bit dreary and rainy, the park is just alive with God's glory as manifested in His creation.  I love it there!!!  





The wedding was beautiful, very much like the type of outdoor country wedding you see on TV. The setting was the groom's parent's property and the décor was full of flowers, hurricane lamps, and rustic country furnishings.....all surrounded up by a large corn field. The corn is certainly a lot higher in Ohio than it is in northern Michigan. They had a very large white tent with hanging chandeliers and at dark, there were sparklers and the launching of a whole bunch (not sure how many but a lot) of those hot air type balloon things. I have no idea what they are called, but it was so beautiful to see the dark sky....already lit up with stars....  full of those light up paper hot air type balloons sailing into the horizon. As the balloons were beginning to fill with the heat and rise into the sky, I said a silent prayer for all of you. I asked God to allow whatever burdens you; whatever weighs heavy on your mind; whatever holds you back; to just be lifted from your spirits and float away, so that each of you come to know the freedom, peace, joy, and mostly GRATITUDE  that I was feeling at that very moment.  I've said this before....you all are with me in thought, prayer, and spirit.....wherever I go!


It was such a great little trip.  I am so blessed.....and to think....Three years ago at this time there would have been NO WAY that I would have been able to enjoy a weekend like this.  It is great to have my life back!  And so I ask you....WHAT IS IT...that you would like to be able to do again?  Take a walk in the park?  Climb on the rocks in a waterfall?  Visit friends or family out of town?  Attend a wedding and not be afraid that the rented chairs would break?  Take a spin around the dance floor?   Use those things to motivate you to do what it necessary so that you can get your life back too!




No comments:

Post a Comment