Thursday, April 10, 2014

fighting the urge not avoid stress eating

Good Morning....This is my battle of the day.....avoiding the temptation to eat when I'm not hungry. I have a personal day off today to take a friend for an eye injection and then to get a broken brake line repaired on my vehicle. This morning I'm feeling stressful because I have so many things to get done in the next couple of weeks and I'm running out of time to do so. So....have given myself the "talk" this morning....made a plan to tackle those things that are immediate and have a deadline of tomorrow evening (namely, some homework assignments) and the top priority this afternoon is getting the vehicle repaired.  Once I get back from town for the appointment and the car repair and several other important errands, I'll have a healthy lunch and take a walk to clear my mind and then proceed with one task at a time.    

If you are like me, you may reach for junk when you feel stressed, rushed, pressured, tired, angry....whatever....even happy!  It will be important for me today to remember to feed my body, not my emotions.....and even more important that "taking time to care for THERESA" needs move to the top of the "to do list" today.  That means, no guilt for taking a walk, talking to a friend on the phone, or closing my eyes to rest for a short break.  Above all..... I will battle the urge/temptation to eat more than I need.  That'll only make it worse!

Some exciting and wonderful things have been happening in the couple of weeks....hopefully in a few days, i'll be able to share them with you.  Until then....be strong.....keep fighting....and take comfort in knowing that YOU ARE NOT ALONE.....  we ALL fight the fight....every day!!!!  Do what you can to make it a happy day for yourself....but more importantly, make it a happier day for someone else!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment