Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Checking in.....

Good Morning everyone! I made it to the hotel last night just in time because the snow storm hit just shortly after I arrived. All is well and I was so tired last night that I went to bed very early. I know, big party girl, eh....staying in a beautiful hotel with all sorts of fun things to do, and I'm in my jammies and in bed by 9 p.m.! OH well...it kept me on track.

The greeter kind of looked at me funny when I went back out to the car for another "load" of stuff. That time it was to bring in a big bag of food stuff and a small insulated cooler that I had packed. The hotel has a nice restaurant but I couldn't find a menu posted online so I wasn't sure if I would be able to find some low-calorie options for dinner, nor do I know what will be served at the conference for breakfast and lunch today, so I had to plan ahead to make sure I had some healthier, guilt-free options.  So... I brought in a bag full of fruit, protein and fiber bars, some rice cakes, oatmeal, as well as my sugar free creamer, yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, etc. You get the drift.

The conference is on Student Retention so hopefully I'll learn some new ways to help students succeed and return to work next week with a renewed energy.  I'll spend the weekend visiting family and friends in the Canton and Monroe areas.  Friday I'll visit my nun friends at the IHM Motherhouse in Monroe as well as meet up with a group member, Nikkieandbilly Shaver, that I met at a Salvation Army store down here over Christmas break.

  The overwhelming emotion of the day today is GRATITUDE because I just keep thinking that NONE OF THESE type of experiences were possible for me a few years ago when I could barely walk. Traveling, hauling luggage, staying in a hotel, getting around a conference wondering if they had the kind of chairs that I could fit in, standing in line at the Registration desk, etc....essentially all that is involved and required this week, would have been just to difficult when I was 400 pounds. SO...my employers quit inviting me to go because they knew it would be just too hard and I would decline. Thank you God, for setting me free, and giving me the opportunity to get away to refresh and renew my spirit and learn new things!

What kind of experiences are TOO HARD for you these days because of weight or addiction issues?  More importantly, WHAT are you going to do about it?  What steps do you have to take?  What changes are necessary in your life, so that you too, can enjoy a stay in a hotel or a weekend away to visit friends and family?  Start today...make those changes!  You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment