Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Be grateful today.

 
Good Morning my friends! Yes, indeed today is a new day filled with new possibilities and opportunities to do good.
 I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning trying to comprehend the events of the past few days and to get caught up from a weekend away. Sometimes the price for taking a day off is costly, not in terms of money, but in terms of consequences. It kind of reminds me of the high price we pay when we “take a day off” from our lifestyle change.  The immediate satisfaction of that candy bar, splurge, or shopping spree quickly gives way to a reality check when we realize that we have to face the scale and the credit card bills.  Sometimes it’s just not worth it. 
For me, it definitely was worth it to take a much needed day off to spend with friends and family. I’ll get caught up with my homework and I’ll get the EBay packages packaged and shipped, and all will be well in a few days.  The whirlwind of the National Enquirer story is another thing completely. I just keep shaking my head every time I think of it.  This latest article has spurred other opportunities this week. Last night after work, I did an interview with a feature writer for the local paper for an article to appear in this week’s paper. I have a Skype podcast interview with someone from a fitness website on Thursday and last evening I began a discussion with a woman regarding a speaking engagement in May for ….get this….1800 people!  YIKES, YIKES, YIKES!  That is an awful lot of people and I will need a couple of days of prayer and reflection before I commit to something like that. Who on earth would have ever thought???  Certainly not me!  But, I learned a long time ago that GOD can do all things and we cannot limit His incredible goodness; we must merely be open  to it and all times and be willing to cooperate.
Please remember that I am absolutely no different than you. Certainly I recognize that I have been blessed with a miracle and I have a privilege and responsibility to use it for the good of others, but you, too, are blessed and have the ability to do the same thing. You must not give up hope that God can help you change your life. Notice that I didn’t say, God will change your life….I said that God will give you, He already has given you…what YOU need to change your situation, to walk in freedom and gratitude, to feel happy and healthy in your mind and spirit, regardless of your physical shape, size, and issues. Miracles don’t always mean massive weight loss or physical healing; they don’t always involve financial freedom or perfect relationships. Miracles happen in one’s heart and mind. True transformation, true happiness, true well-being results in a life of gratitude and contentment, of peace and joy, of LOVE.
I encourage you today to embrace all that this day holds…the good and the not so good…the busyness and the rest….the triumph and the defeat…..and make the best of every minute of this day. Share your story, share your love, share you time with all who crosses your path today and above all things…SMILE…even when you don’t feel like it. Your smile this day may change someone’s life…..but mostly, it will be a step in changing your own!
Don’t give up on yourself….or God.  You’ve got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment