Sunday, December 22, 2013

a bit off-topic but meaningful to me.



This is "off-topic" for our group in a sense, but still, so many of us are grieving loss this Christmas to I thought I'd share it with you. Whatever you do...and however you choose to celebrate....just don't let your sadness be an excuse to make poor choices that will sabotage your journey. Be strong.....and know that you are not alone in your journey.

So many of us have lost loved ones this year and this will be our first Christmas without them. It's even hard when it's the 2nd or 3rd or 20th Christmas without people we love. I came across this poem and thought it was so beautiful. I hope that it brings you as much strength as it is bringing me as I face this holiday week with a bit of emptiness in my heart. I must admit, that nothing can compare to Christmas in heaven. May the memories of past Christmas' help wipe way the sadness.....and may we all be reminded that LIFE IS SO SHORT....so don't le the small, petty stuff that is likely to occur this year ruin your celebrations. We never know who will be celebrating his/her first Christmas in heaven next year. Cherish those you love, remember and honor those that have gone before us, and pray for those who grieve and have the merriest Christmas you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment