Tuesday, June 17, 2014

There's nothing easy about changing one's life....but it is so worth it!

I’ve always been one that prides myself on finding the easiest and most effective way to accomplish a task. Sometimes I create an elaborate excel file with all sorts of complicated formulas that will quickly calculate a student’s grade point average and completion ratio. Sometimes I am able to multi-task and do several things at one time. Oftentimes, however, I discover that there are some things in which there is no easy way out and I just have to plow through the task, taking it a little bit at a time.  My weight loss journey is that way.  There is absolutely NOTHING that is easy about changing one’s life. It takes hard work, commitment, and a belief that the life and well-being I desire is WORTH EVERY BIT of effort that is required to achieve it. 

The thing about one’s journey is this:  Each person needs to determine for him/herself what route is the best & most sustainable for that individual, choosing a route/plan that is not so difficult and rigid that it will quickly become overwhelming and lead to giving up, but at the same time, not so “easy and good-to-be-true” that it doesn’t lead to a life-long change in behavior, thoughts, and actions, even if it produces quick results.


It’s true that the longer you work at something and the more your good choices become habit, the easier it becomes to live that way, but changing one’s life, doing the right thing, making good choices, and trying to be the best you can be is HARD WORK.  Is it worth it?  ABSOLUTELY, but it’s still hard work.  Fortunately for me, there are people like you….and others in my life that provide me strength and support to keep at it.  Surround yourself with those who will support and encourage you when the road becomes long and the journey becomes overwhelming……and whatever you do, don’t give up when it gets hard. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment