Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Have you been encouraged today?

What a pleasant surprise to receive this lovely bouquet of flowers at the office on a day when I really needed something to lift my spirits and remind me that God is always with me. Thank you, Bruce Starkey, for your kindness and thoughtfulness!!

 Earlier today, when I was eating my lunch, my favorite little bird, a black capped chickadee, perched on the ground directly outside of the college library window where i was sitting and reading my homework. I smiled and said a silent prayer of thanks  because there is no logical reason why that little bird would land in such a spot; after all, there is a lot of snow on the ground and there are no trees/shrubs nearby. It is not a typical spot for birds. Somehow I know that God knew I needed a nudge and a gentle reminder that He is with me in my struggles of late.
Throughout my entire journey, I have been blessed with little signs of encouragment, strength, and inspiration to remind me that I am not alone on this journey. For many years, those signs were just shrugged off as 'coincidence" or insignifincant little occurances. Often they went unnoticed...UNTIL... I began to pray for them and look for them.

  My friends...,you are surrounded ALL DAY by signs of inspiration, hope, encouragement, and love....but perhaps you just don't see or expect them.  God knows whatever it is that you are seeking to change or improve in your life; whatever you struggle with; whatever it is that weighs you down and dampens your spirit. He is there in your temptation. He is there when you want to quit. He is there when things get hard and if you look really hard, you will see his presence....and you will be filled with all you need to succeed and change.  

Sometimes it comes in the form of a bird; sometimes it appears wrapped in a vase of gorgeous flowers; sometimes it comes in a word on Facebook or a conversation. And sometimes, it comes in the form of the people that God places in your path to share your journey!  How have you been encouraged today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment