Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It's really not about me....

I’ve tried to change my life many times throughout my 50 years, but wasn’t always successful. My guess is that for some of you on a life-changing journey, this isn’t your first attempt to quit smoking, cut back on drinking, lose weight, or becoming healthier. You probably have tried many times before with varying degrees of success.  It wasn’t until I realized a few years ago that “on my own” I cannot accomplish anything, but with God’s help (or that of your higher power), I can do all things.  Each day I must surrender my will, my desires, my appetite…..essentially my entire life….to my God and ask for his help to continue on this journey. It’s a decision I make each day….never to go back to the old thinking, eating, and those habits that eventually caused me to weigh over 400 pounds and be unable to walk more than a few steps. 

Certainly I had to put in a lot of effort and hard work, but ultimately, it is not about what I have done, but rather, the miracle that God manifested in me.  I am conscious that I have been blessed beyond measure and want to show my gratitude by continuing to make healthy food choices, think positive thoughts, seek the good in others, and be conscious of my blessings.  Some days are easier than others, but I am strengthened and encouraged in tough times when I realize that I am not alone on my journey.  Neither are you!

Even though I often joke with my closest friends that, “It’s ALWAYS about me,” I am well aware that seriously, “It’s all about God” and what He has, can, and will continue do in my life….if I surrender and cooperate. 


When your road seems all uphill; your goal seems impossible to reach; your struggles, temptations, trials, and situation seems unbearable, remember that on your own, you will likely falter and perhaps even fail……but by the grace of God, you CAN and you WILL change your life!  Don’t give up…

.

No comments:

Post a Comment